- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
- Heat oven to 350° F. Heat the oil in an ovenproof (preferably nonstick) skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes. Cook until almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the onion. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the oil. Season the vegetables with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the eggs, rosemary (if using), and ½ teaspoon salt. Pour over the potatoes. Reduce heat to low. Cook, without stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir once. Cook until the eggs begin to set, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until set, about 8 minutes.
- Use a knife to loosen the omelet from the side of the skillet. Slide or invert it onto a plate. Slice into wedges. Serve hot or at room temperature.