- 12 ounces spaghetti (3/4 box)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1-pound package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- kosher salt
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated and juice squeezed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan (4 ounces)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, red pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli mixture, lemon juice, Parmesan, and reserved pasta water to the pasta.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until combined and heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the lemon zest and serve.