- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup ricotta or farmer's cheese
- 4 slices sourdough round, toasted and halved
- Combine the strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and salt in a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, mashing with a wooden spoon, until the strawberries break down and the jam has thickened, 7 to 9 minutes. Transfer to a clean glass container and let cool completely. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- To serve, spread the cheese on the toasts. Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of the jam on top.