- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 8 small chicken cutlets (1 1/2 pounds total)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 6 scallions, sliced
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and run under cold water to cool.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken in batches until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Cut into strips.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, and remaining 3 tablespoons of oil. Add the noodles, chicken, cabbage, and scallions and toss.