- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small bulbs fennel, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces chorizo, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless, skinless bass fillet, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 15-ounce can hominy, rinsed
- chopped fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the fennel, chorizo, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the fennel is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the fish and hominy. Reduce heat and simmer until the fish is opaque throughout, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Serve topped with the cilantro and lime wedges.