- 1¼ pounds carrots, cleaned, trimmed, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and cut into a 1-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Place the carrots and potato in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain off water. Roughly mash with a spoon or potato masher. Stir in butter, sour cream, and dill. Season generously with salt and pepper. To serve, transfer mixture to a bowl and garnish with dill.