- 1½ cups dried white beans (such as great Northern or navy, about 8 ounces)
- 1 pound kielbasa, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes and their juices
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 ½-inch slices of baguette, buttered and toasted, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Combine the beans, kielbasa, broth, tomatoes, onion, garlic, thyme, and ½ teaspoon salt in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until the beans are tender and creamy, on low for 7 to 8 hours (checking the beans after 7 hours) or on high for 5 hours. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the cassoulet topped with the baguette cubes and parsley.
* Total time ranges from 5 hours, 15 minutes or 8 hours, 15 minutes