Food Recipes Slow-Cooker Curried Chicken With Ginger and Yogurt 3.0 (923) 34 Reviews The slow cooker makes for melt-in-your-mouth tender chicken and melds the flavors of curry powder, cumin, fresh ginger, tomato paste, and garlic into an aromatic stew. Just be sure to taste the curry once it's finished and adjust the seasoning. By Abigail Chipley Abigail Chipley Abigail is a freelance writer, editor, and recipe developer with nearly 25 years of experience in the food industry. She has written for Food Network, Everyday with Rachael Ray, Real Simple, and other national publications. Abigail is also a food stylist and cooking teacher who helped launch Martha Stewart Living's Everyday Food Magazine. Highlights: * Nearly 25 years of experience in the food industry * Helped launch Martha Stewart Living's Everyday Food Magazine * Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition® (candidate) * Completed Functional Nutrition program * Former television food stylist * Former senior food editor at Martha Stewart Living Real Simple's Editorial Guidelines Updated on September 5, 2022 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Hands On Time: 15 mins Total Time: 8 hrs 15 mins Yield: 6 serves Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients ⅓ cup tomato paste 4 cloves garlic, chopped 2 tablespoons curry powder 1 tablesppon grated fresh ginger 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 medium onion, chopped 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 10) kosher salt and black pepper 1 ½ cups long-grain white rice ½ cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt 2 scallions, thinly sliced Directions In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, whisk together the tomato paste, garlic, curry powder, ginger, cumin, and ¾ cup water. Add the onion and stir to combine. Place the chicken on top and season with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cover and cook until the chicken is tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours (this will shorten total cooking time). Twenty minutes before serving, cook the rice according to the package directions. Just before serving, add the yogurt and ½ teaspoon salt to the chicken and stir to combine. Serve with the rice and sprinkle with the scallions. If you like your curry spicy, turn up the heat by adding a pinch of cayenne pepper. Get the recipe: Slow-Cooker Curried Chicken With Ginger and Yogurt. José Picayo Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 463 Calories 14g Fat 48g Carbs 34g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 463 % Daily Value * Total Fat 14g 18% Saturated Fat 5g 25% Cholesterol 102mg 34% Sodium 591mg 26% Total Carbohydrate 48g 17% Total Sugars 3g Protein 34g Calcium 68mg 5% Iron 4mg 22% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.