- 3 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 skinless chicken legs (3 pounds)
- 1 (15-oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
- chopped cilantro and steamed basmati rice, for serving
- Combine the potatoes and onions in a 6-quart slow cooker. Mix the ginger, garlic, curry powder, coriander, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker, pouring over any loose spices and the coconut milk. Cover and cook until the chicken is tender and cooked through, on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Garnish the curry with chopped cilantro. Serve over steamed basmati rice.
* Total time ranges from 4 hours, 20 minutes to 7 hours, 20 minutes