- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 teapoons dill seed
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 pound dried wide egg noodles
- Combine the pork, broth, cider, onion, dill seed, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook until the pork is tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours. Transfer the pork to a bowl and shred into large pieces, using 2 forks.
- Skim off and discard most of the fat from the liquid in the slow cooker.
- Ten minutes before serving, combine the parsley, apple, oil, lemon zest and juice, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl. Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
- Serve the pork and the juices over the egg noodles, garnished with the apple relish.
* Total Time: 5 hours, 15 minutes to 8 hours, 15 minutes