- 7 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons
- 3 pounds skirt steak
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, pulse the garlic until minced. Set aside 1 teaspoon. To the garlic remaining in the processor, add the parsley, cilantro, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Pulse until chopped. With the motor running, add the lemon juice, then 1 cup of the oil, in a steady stream. Pour into a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- Cut the steak into 1-inch strips. Place in a plastic bag with the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, the remaining salt, the reserved minced garlic, and a generous grind of pepper. Seal and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes. Heat broiler. Thread the meat on the skewers. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve at room temperature with the sauce.