- 8 chicken breasts, with bones and skin
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, cut into 8 slices
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place a rimmed baking sheet in oven and heat to 400° F.
- Using your fingers, gently loosen the skin from the chicken. Tuck some parsley and 1 slice of garlic under the skin of each breast. Season with 1 ½ teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Warm 1 tablespoon of the oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken, skin-side down. Cook until golden, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining oil and chicken.
- Roast the chicken until it is cooked through and the skin is crisp, about 15 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with any pan juices.