- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (white meat only)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the broth ½ cup at a time, stirring occasionally and waiting until it’s absorbed before adding more. It should take about 30 minutes for all of it to be absorbed.
- Just before removing the risotto from the stove, stir in the arugula and chicken. Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spoon into bowls.