- 3 cups (24 oz) cognac
- 1½ cups (12 oz) orange liqueur (such as Cointreau or triple sec)
- 1½ cups (12 oz) fresh lemon juice, plus more for the glasses
- Granulated sugar, for the glasses, optional
- Combine the cognac, orange liqueur, lemon juice, and 1 cup filtered water in a pitcher or large bowl. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle the sugar on a small plate. Rub the rims of 10 punch or cocktail glasses with lemon juice and dip in sugar. Ladle the punch into the glasses and serve.