- 4 slices country bread
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound frozen peeled and deveined medium shrimp, thawed
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
- 4 cups baby arugula (about 3 ounces)
- Spread the bread on both sides with 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Cook the bread in a large skillet over medium heat until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet.
- Wipe out the skillet and melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp, season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and simmer until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fold in the beans and arugula and cook just until the beans are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve over the bread.