- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 5-ounce package baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the wine, tomatoes, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Stir in the shrimp and simmer until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Spoon the rice into a serving dish or divide among plates. Top with the scampi and sprinkle with the tarragon.