- 1 pound dry linguine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 26- to 32-ounce jar marinara sauce
- Cook the linguine according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the shrimp with the pepper and cook until they begin to turn pink, about 2 minutes.
- Turn the shrimp, add the capers, olives, and anchovies (if desired), and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the marinara sauce and cook until heated through, about 4 minutes.
- Divide the pasta among bowls and spoon the shrimp and puttanesca sauce over the top.