- 8 ounces lo mein noodles
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce (found in the Asian aisle of most supermarkets)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- crushed red pepper, for serving
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp, snow peas, scallion whites, garlic, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, and ¼ cup water; cook, tossing, until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the noodles and toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with the red pepper and scallion greens.