- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 recipe Shrimp Dumplings
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- Prepare Shrimp Dumplings.
- In a large pot, bring the broth, onion, ginger, carrot, celery, and soy sauce to a boil. Reduce heat, cover partially, and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain the broth; discard the solids. Return the broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add a few of the dumplings, being careful not to crowd the pot. Simmer until the dumplings float on the surface and the shrimp inside turns pink (cut one in half to check), 3 to 4 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the dumplings to a plate; set aside. Repeat with the remaining dumplings.
- Add the peas and simmer until bright green, about 3 minutes. Return the cooked dumplings to the broth to warm. Ladle the soup into individual bowls.