- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 Granny Smith apple, coarsely grated
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Fill a large pot with 8 cups cold water. Add 3 tablespoons of the lime juice and 2 tablespoons salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp and cook until opaque throughout, 1 to 3 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain and pat dry; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, cayenne, remaining tablespoon lime juice, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Add the carrots, apple, and cilantro and toss to combine. Serve with the shrimp.