- 6 ounces tortilla chips
- 6 ounces Cheddar, grated (about 11/2 cups)
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp (raw)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 2 radishes, sliced
- fresh cilantro leaves and sour cream, for serving
- Heat oven to 450° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Layer the tortilla chips, Cheddar, and onion on the prepared pan. Bake until the cheese is melted, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp, cayenne, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook, tossing often, until the shrimp are opaque, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve the nachos topped with the cooked shrimp, avocados, radishes, cilantro, and sour cream.