- 1 cup (4 ounces) pecans
- 1/2 10-ounce box shortbread cookies (such as Lorna Doone)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a food processor, pulse the pecans and cookies until crumbs form. Add the butter and pulse just until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8- or 9-inch pie plate, pressing it evenly over the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake the crust until slightly darkened, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer pie plate to a wire rack and let cool. (You can set the baked crust aside at room temperature for up 24 hours.)