- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pieces skinless salmon fillet (1 1/4 pounds total)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 navel orange
- 2 small beefsteak tomatoes (about 1 pound), cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, halved
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the salmon until opaque throughout and golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, cut away the peel and pith of the orange and cut out the segments.
- In a large bowl, gently combine the segments with the tomatoes, cilantro, olives, remaining tablespoon of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Serve the salad with the salmon.