- 12 ounces udon noodles, uncooked
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup plus 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 6 ounces snow peas, thinly sliced (about 2¼ cups)
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1¼ pounds skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 equal portions
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup roughly chopped roasted, salted peanuts
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions; drain and rinse.
- Combine the vinegar, sesame oil, and 3½ tablespoons of the canola oil in a large bowl. Add the noodles, snow peas, and carrots; toss to combine.
- Heat the remaining canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add the salmon and sprinkle with the salt; cook 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until golden brown on the bottom and mostly cooked through, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate; let cool slightly.
- Divide the noodles evenly among 4 plates. Top with the salmon and sprinkle evenly with the peanuts and scallions.