- 1/4 of a 1-pound box of spaghetti (about 2 cups cooked)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green Italian frying pepper or 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 whole scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- crusty bread for serving
- Cook spaghetti according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the green pepper, scallions, and crushed red pepper (if desired) until tender but not brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the Parmesan and salt; add them to the skillet with the spaghetti and basil. Toss gently over heat until eggs are set.
- Serve with grated Parmesan and crusty bread.