- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed and broken into pieces
- Kosher salt
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, sausage, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is golden brown and the onion is tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the broth, cover, and bring to a boil. Add the tortellini and simmer until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in the spinach.
- Serve topped with the Parmesan.