- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 small red bell peppers, seeded and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1 pound store-bought cooked polenta, sliced into thick rounds
- crusty bread (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, turning once, until it starts to brown, 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and garlic and cook until just soft, about 4 minutes. Stir in the wine and thyme.
- Transfer the skillet to oven. Roast until the sausage is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the polenta in batches, turning once, until golden brown.
- Place the polenta on a platter. Spoon the sausage, vegetables, and pan juices over the top. Serve with the crusty bread, if desired.