- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated extra-sharp Cheddar (about 1 ounce)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage, breaking it up with a spoon, and bell pepper and cook until the sausage is browned and cooked through and the peppers are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring and tilting the pan, until just set, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the sausage mixture and the Cheddar on one side of the eggs; fold the other side over the filling and add a pinch of salt and pepper.