- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season the salmon with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the fish until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to individual plates.
- Meanwhile, fill a second skillet with ½ inch of water, bring to a boil, and add ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Add the green beans to the second skillet, cover, and steam until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to plates.
- Wipe out the green bean skillet and heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add the almonds and cook, stirring frequently, until almonds and butter are golden brown (but not burned), 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the capers. Spoon over fish and beans.