Food Recipes Salmon With Creamy Cucumber-Fennel Salad 3.2 (219) 1 Review This decidedly grown-up dinner delivers crispy but moist salmon alongside a creamy, crunchy cucumber salad. Serve the duo with a slice of rye bread for a Nordic meal that’s as elegant as it is delicious. Better still? The whole thing’s ready in 20 minutes or less: As the salmon fillets roast in the oven, you’ll make the surprisingly healthy salad, thanks to a Greek yogurt-based dressing. Look for fennel at grocery stores and farmers markets in fall and winter when the herbal anise-flavored vegetable is in season; this recipe uses the bulb and a bit of the fronds to make the most of it. By Dawn Perry Dawn Perry Dawn is the author of Ready, Set, Cook; How to Make Good Food With What's on Hand. She served as the food director for Real Simple and has worked in the test kitchens of Everyday Food, Bon Appétit, and the meal kit delivery service Martha & Marley Spoon. Dawn is the author of Short Stack Editions' Cucumbers and her recipes and writing have been featured in the LA Times, The New York Times, and The Washington Post among other publications. She recently started Superkind Cookies, a premium cookie company shipping treats nationwide. Highlights: * Author of Ready, Set, Cook; How to Make Good Food With What's on Hand. * Former food director for Real Simple * Worked in the test kitchens of Everyday Food, Bon Appétit, and Martha & Marley Spoon * Recipes and writing have been featured in the LA Times, The New York Times, and The Washington Post Real Simple's Editorial Guidelines Updated on August 31, 2016 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Hands On Time: 15 mins Total Time: 20 mins Servings: 4 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 4 6-ounce pieces skinless salmon fillet 1 tablespoon olive oil ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper kosher salt and black pepper 1 lemon, thinly sliced ½ cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt 1 tablespoon cider vinegar 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced, plus 2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds ½ English cucumber, thinly sliced rye bread, for serving Directions Heat oven to 400°F. Rub the salmon with the oil and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with the cayenne and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Top with the lemon slices and bake until opaque throughout, 8 to 12 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together the yogurt, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Add the fennel, fennel fronds, and cucumber and toss to coat. Serve the salmon with the cucumber-fennel salad and bread. José Picayo Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 484 Calories 18g Fat 33g Carbs 47g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 4 Calories 484 % Daily Value * Total Fat 18g 23% Saturated Fat 3g 15% Cholesterol 109mg 36% Sodium 746mg 32% Total Carbohydrate 33g 12% Total Sugars 3g Protein 47g Calcium 135mg 10% Iron 4mg 22% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.