- 1½ pounds skin-on salmon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup capers, drained and chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium romaine heart, chopped
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped English cucumber (from 1 medium cucumber)
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Place salmon skin side down on a rimmed baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, and bake until opaque, 8 to 10 minutes; let cool 10 minutes. Break salmon into large pieces, discarding skin, and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Stir together mayonnaise, capers, and parsley in a small bowl. Add ¾ cup of the panko and ½ cup of the caper mayonnaise to salmon and stir gently to blend, keeping larger pieces of salmon intact. Shape mixture into 4 4-inch patties. Press remaining ¼￼ cup panko evenly on tops and bottoms of patties.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Cook patties until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve over romaine with tomatoes and cucumber, with remaining caper mayonnaise on the side.