- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 hamburger buns
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine the parsley, oil, oregano, vinegar, red pepper, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the salmon 3 or 4 times, just until coarsely chopped (still somewhat chunky).
- Add the scallions, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and pulse to combine. Form the mixture into ¾-inch-thick patties.
- Oil the grill grate. Grill the patties, turning once (do not press or flatten), until opaque throughout, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Place the burgers on the buns and top with the chimichurri sauce.