- 24 thin slices baguette (from 1 small loaf)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ fennel bulb, thinly sliced, plus 1 tablespoon chopped fronds
- ½ teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 ounces thinly sliced salami
- Heat oven to 400° F. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush both sides of the bread with 2 tablespoons oil. Bake until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the fennel with the orange juice and zest and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil; season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Dividing evenly, top the toasted baguette slices with the salami and fennel mixture; sprinkle with the fennel fronds