- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ready-made piecrusts (such as Pillsbury)
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 10 to 12 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place the olive oil in a medium skillet and place over medium heat. Add the garlic. Cook and stir 1 minute, until fragrant. Add the spinach and sauté gently for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and season with the salt and pepper; set aside.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Unfold 1 piecrust onto the baking sheet. Spoon the spinach mixture evenly over the crust, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. Layer the cottage cheese, mushrooms, and peppers over the spinach. Sprinkle with the thyme and Parmesan.
- Brush half the egg around the crust's 1-inch border. Place the second crust on top and crimp the edges to seal. Brush evenly with the remaining egg. Cut slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape. Bake 35 minutes or until golden. Cool on a rack for 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.