- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 24 sea scallops (about 1½ pounds), patted dry
- 1 orange, cut into 16 wedges
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat grill to medium-high. Once it is hot, clean the grill grate with a wire brush. Just before grilling, oil the grill grate.
- Soak 8 skewers in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Toss the scallops, orange wedges, oil, rosemary, orange zest, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Thread onto the skewers. Grill, turning occasionally, until the scallops are cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.