- 1 pound new potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 white corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 to 6 slices precooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted in 2 cups water and drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/3 teaspoon dried
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan on high heat with enough water to cover them. Cook 15 to 18 minutes, until soft. Drain in a colander; set aside.
- Meanwhile, wrap all the tortillas tightly together in foil and place in oven for 5 minutes.
- Place the saucepan back on low heat and add the butter and bacon. Stir until warm and sizzling, about 2 minutes; remove from heat. Add the potatoes, peas, thyme, half the scallions, and half the sour cream. Stir and mash with a potato masher or a wooden spoon. Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the tortillas from oven and place 2 on each plate. Put 1/3 cup of the potato mixture on each tortilla and roll them as shown in the picture above. Top each with a spoonful of the remaining sour cream and sprinkle with the remaining scallions and a few grinds of black pepper to taste.