- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- kosher salt and pepper
- 4 pounds small sweet potatoes, each peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 8 sprigs thyme
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugar, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add the sweet potato wedges and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Scatter the thyme over the top and roast, turning once, until the edges are dark brown and the wedges are crisp, about 1 hour.