- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 1 butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 small head red cabbage, sliced
- fresh mint leaves, for serving
- Heat oven to 450° F. Cook the noodles according to the package directions; drain and rinse.
- Toss the squash, eggplant, and 3 tablespoons of the canola oil on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Roast, tossing once, until tender, 16 to 20 minutes.
- Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a large bowl. Add the soba, squash, eggplant, and cabbage; toss to combine.
- Serve sprinkled with the mint.