- 1 1/3 cups instant couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and minced
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, torn in half
- 1/4 cup Nicoise olives, pitted
- Place the couscous in a large bowl. Bring 2 cups of lightly salted water to a boil. Pour the water over the couscous and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for 10 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and zucchini and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and onion, along with the remaining ingredients, to the couscous and mix well. Season with additional salt and freshly ground pepper, if desired.