- 1 large head garlic
- 2 tablespoons white wine or vermouth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- kosher salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Slice off the top of the garlic head with a sharp knife to expose the cloves.
- Place the garlic on a square of aluminum foil. Sprinkle with the wine, thyme, salt, and pepper. Fold foil to seal. Place in a garlic roaster or wrap entirely in more foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Unwrap and let cool. Squeeze the soft garlic cloves from their skins. Spread on slices of crusty bread.