- 2 medium eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- vegetable chips, for serving
- Heat oven to 400° F. Place the eggplants cut-side down on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until very soft, 30 to 40 minutes; let cool. Scoop out the flesh from the eggplants and roughly chop.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the eggplant, onion, basil, oil, vinegar, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Serve with the vegetable chips.