- 1 1/2 pounds thin carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (1 1/4 ounces) pine nuts
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 orange
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 scallions (white and light green parts), chopped
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, combine the carrots, 2 tablespoons of the oil, the pine nuts, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and spread into a single layer. Roast until the carrots are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, segment the orange by cutting away the peel and white pith. Next, cut on both sides of each segment, freeing the segments from the membrane. Place the segments in a bowl then squeeze the membranes over them to extract any remaining juice. Stir in the cumin, scallions, and the remaining oil.
- Arrange the carrots on a platter and spoon the orange mixture over the top. Serve hot or at room temperature.