- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (2 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, chopped
- 6 shallots, quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 450° F with the rack in the highest position.
- Toss the chicken, carrots, shallots, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, tossing the vegetables once, until the internal temperature of the thickest piece (avoiding the bone) registers 165° F, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the chives, vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ½ teaspoon salt in small bowl.
- Serve the chive sauce over the chicken and vegetables.