- 4 small crisp apples (such as Empire or Braeburn), quartered
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), halved crosswise and lengthwise
- 6 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 small chicken thighs and drumsticks (4 of each, about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a large roasting pan, toss the apples, leeks, rosemary, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and nestle, skin-side up, among the vegetables.
- Roast until the chicken is cooked through and the apples and leeks are tender, 40 to 45 minutes.