- 1 4 1/2- to 5-pound boneless pork loin roast
- salt and pepper
- 1 10-ounce jar apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup bourbon or orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Heat oven to 325° F.
- Place the pork in a roasting pan and rub with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves with the bourbon, soy sauce, and garlic and pour over the meat. Cover and roast 30 minutes.
- Uncover and baste with the sauce and the juices that have collected in the roasting pan. Cover and continue cooking, basting every 20 minutes, for about 1 hour longer or until an instant-read thermometer registers 155° F.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes to finish cooking before carving. Serve with pan drippings.