- 12 ounces (5 1/2 cups) rigatoni
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- kosher salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, torn
- 1/2 cup grated ricotta salata or Parmesan
- Cook the rigatoni according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the eggplant, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the drained rigatoni and mint and toss. Divide among bowls and top with the ricotta salata or Parmesan.