- 1/2 pound rigatoni (1⁄2 box)
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, casings removed and meat broken into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ¾ cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli and onion with the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Nestle the sausage among the vegetables.
- Roast, tossing once, until the broccoli is tender and the sausage is cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the broccoli and sausage mixture, butter, and ½ cup of the reserved cooking water (add more if the pasta seems dry).
- Sprinkle the pasta with Parmesan before serving.