- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider or red or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch cayenne
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red wine
- In a bowl, combine the ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- In a skillet, over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil, shallot, and garlic clove for 1 minute. Add the wine and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in the ketchup mixture. Serve with steak.