- 1 1/2 cups red rice or brown rice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms (such as shiitake or oyster), sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 small head napa cabbage, sliced
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 11-ounce package curly spinach
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, tossing once, until brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the cabbage and cook, tossing, until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the oyster sauce and rice vinegar. Cook until the liquid is evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the spinach and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook until partly wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve the mushrooms and spinach over the rice, topped with toasted sesame seeds.