- 1 1/2 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 medium cucumbers, seeded and sliced into sticks
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced into sticks
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Earlier in the day or the day before, bring vinegar, sugar, salt, ginger, and garlic to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat and let steep 5 minutes.
- Place vegetables in a large, shallow baking dish. Pour vinegar mixture through a strainer over vegetables and toss to coat; discard garlic and ginger. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.